Army Dad

An ignorant Dad's (and maybe Mom's too) view of the Army...

19 September 2006

Just a start...

Day 1-
My son is REALLY in the Army now. I thought he was when he took his oath in February '06...he went into the DEP program. Yesterday, September 18, '06 on a nasty, chilly, rainy morning in Detroit he took the REAL oath, boarded a bus, and left the comforts of home for a new life. Damn I'm proud of him and damn I'm sad to see him go.

This blog will be my catharsis, my vent, my stories, as the old man who wishes he was younger and could take the same oath my son did.

If by some chance you read this blog, it will contain my ignorant "insights" into a soldiers life from the point of view of the "old man", it'll be part personal observation on what its' like to be a parent of a soldier as he goes through Basic, AIT and beyond, a dose of politics, perhaps the occasional rant, a good measure of my opinions and maybe, just maybe some input from the Army Mom...

And so the story begins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home