Army Dad

An ignorant Dad's (and maybe Mom's too) view of the Army...

07 October 2006

A MOS Change During BCT?

Patrick was asking about a different MOS last Sunday during his call. He signed up to be 97E (Humint-Interrogator), he wanted to know about 35M. "Its' the same thing, same training, but I think it is a bit longer. If I'm at Fort Huachuca for more than 6 months it'll be a permanent duty station. Check into it for me!"

The next evening I start poking around...35M is a Radar Repair Technician. Not exactly related to the 97E MOS, not even a tiny bit! Micro panic mode sets in. Has he signed anything? Has he given his word? Who's selling him this line of crap?

My niece (the wise Army wife) says, "It sucks not being able to just call doesn't it?" She should know, her husband is on tour #2 in Iraq as an 11B, 82nd Airborne. Yes it most assuredly sucks!

Off to www.armymomintraining.com to consult the experts! As is to be expected, a quick reply from the deep pool of knowledge over there allayed my fears, and allowed my wife to get some sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home